It's time to update our website that leverages NextJS to the latest release. In this feature experience, I embark on the quick journey of implementing the incremental static regeneration.
NextJS 9.5 Release Notes.
The user is me in this case. Some things to note about this log:
The goal of the log was to update this site with NextJS 9.5.X and implement static site generation. I also decided to validate the trailing slashes feature that shipped with this version.
The release notes are very easy to understand and read. I know a lot more went into this release but the fact that the highlights are summarized makes the update experience better.
Between the recording and a little more extra work that I did after the overall update process was very fast.
At some point, I noticed a new warning generated by the update of the version. Overall this is a good thing in the sense that the consistency is better in code. I was just not expecting it based on what I knew about the release.
Not on the video. After I deployed the updated site I noticed that new content (pages) were not dynamically been generated. I focused on both development and testing only on updating content. The implementation was quite simple thanks to the docs.
This might be too much of a specific with this release but I lost one of the 2 elements that were needed to implement the goal during the recording. I implemented
getStaticProps but I missed
fallback: true in